Saturday, November 29, 2008

Be Patient, Stay Well Only Good Things (Run your ass off and smile)

NEW Post from R for all of you readers! Only one... Dawny B! ;0)

Warning: This is a pissy but promising post.

Ok, here's what's new.

Work Update:
We are super busy with our monogramming. Pulling all nighters just to get things done. Working all day. We are pushing for orders, so tell EVERYONE to purchase theirs ASAP.

More UPdates on Work:
Super Pissed at our ORIGINAL web developer! We had a major problem with our site and basically were told "sorry". It pisses me off that when you pay thousands of dollars THOUSANDS like as much as a freaking car, that you are handed a disfunctional piece of shit that doesn't work. Would you be pissed off too? And to be told basically "sorry" and that they won't fix what is broken. AND that we have to pay THOUSANDS more to fix their mistakes. ON TOP OF IT ALL, it is a "friend". Gotta love it.

To have your site reviewed and find MAJOR problems and be brushed off by the person that should fix this makes me SO MAD. But my lovely sensible level headed husband doesn't get his feathers ruffled. I just vent on him how furious I am that this "friend" has basically left us high and dry w/o fixing his shit that is broken. I will not get over it.

BUT: on a bright note: we have a wonderful NEW web guy that is ON IT! Now, the problem was that we had a ton of people overloading our site, and our log-in to our admin section, and it overloaded and shut down the site. DUE TO THE BADLY WRITTEN CODE from our first web guy. ANYWAY, our lovely new web developer had someone ON IT last night and fixed the problem PRONTO.

We had to pay for it, but at least he didn't leave us HIGH AND DRY and say "sorry".

OFF OF THE SOAP BOX R.

Personal: I will be running in the 5K Reindeer Romp race on Saturday. Mark you calendars. Hold a hospital bed for me. Send flowers. I am doing it if it kills me.

I am getting ready to compile my running song list. Not sure what yet. I am thinking something FAST so I can finish and put this race out of its misery. I am ready to kick ass. Especially after the noted above fiasco with website.

Since I am back to the website crap. I have HAD IT with PMG (another website that originally stole our into paragraph, keywords, descriptions, stole vendors used photos w/o their permission, refused to take their photos off of there site, stole our descriptions, stole our original work, etc etc etc.) and to TOP it off, has taken/stolen the #1 spot on Google for Monogrammed Gifts from TPG that was there for 3 years!

Which also pisses me off from the ORIGINAL web guy that didn't know SHIT about web optimization and allowed us to LOSE many of our keywords. (Back on the soap box).

Ok, whew I feel better. Somehow this makes me feel better getting it all out :)

FAMILY UPDATE:
We didn't have turkey for thanksgiving. WE didn't have family (outside our own) for thanksgiving day. This is the first thanksgiving in 32 years I didn't have turkey on the day! Weird. I cooked roast and it was good!

Tonight we went to our friend's house for Thanksgiving. Next Saturday (after my Reindeer romp race) my mom is cooking a huge thanksgiving dinner. I am going to eat like no tomorrow.

ON another personal note: I have lost 24 lbs since last NOv. Still a lard ass, but if I continue this path, next year... maybe not so much of a lard ass! :) that is my goal.

Positive positive positive....

I keep these two sticky notes on my desk now to remind me that things are not so dramatic, hectic, "end of the world" etc. Here they are:
1. Be Patient
2. Stay Well only good things

I think I screwed these up for today, as I did neither. :) BUT there is always tomorrow!
____________________________________________________________
Positive things:
1. "thinking about" going to church tomorrow
2. Got the "screw you web guy" feelings off of my chest
3. Should think positive thoughts and not say 2.
4. LOVE how the girls look in their Christmas dresses!
5. Getting Thanksgiving Dinner for 2 weeks in a row!
6. Lost 24 lbs this past year, hoping to lose the lard ass next.
7. Addicted to COKE again. I am loving that!
8. LOVING December, looking forward to: Christmas Carols, Hot Chocolate, Santa coming by on a firetruck Christmas Eve, Shopping online, spending time with family, RUNNING the Reindeer race and getting antlers, having my family really see me run the race and me not back out.
_________________________________________

Gotta run. Only 8 hrs till I am attempting to get ready for church. Gotta be patient, and stay well! :) R

No comments: