Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome to the World little one!

Welcome to the world little Qwen Marie! I have not clue how to spell this, but wanted to shout it out loud! YOU ARE HERE!

My friend, Christina gave birth today to a little girl. What a wonderful day.

Funny, it started right about 8am. I heard Dave's text on his phone go off. Usually when you hear something like a phone call or something that wakes you up, it's not good. When Dave told me about little Qwen my heart beat just about jumped out of my skin! What a wonderful thing to happen. What a wonderful thing to start the day. What a wonderful day to start life!

I am so happy for my friend Christina. She is such a super strong woman. I don't know how she did this. I felt such happiness for her, not only that she gave birth today, but that she sacrificed so much of herself to give to her family.

We went on a beach trip back (way back) in August with her and her family. At that time, she was in tremendous pain from the baby. Her body was not responding good to the extra amount of stress on her body that being pregnant for the third time has.

I felt a tremendous amount of admiration for her. She NEVER complains. She ALWAYS is happy, smiling, and continues on. She ALWAYS is a perfect mother, attentive. You would have NEVER known anything was bothering her. She played with her kids and walked and carried on.

Mindful, this was WAY back in August. It's now January!!! FIVE months later.

Although I haven't seen her recently, I remember seeing her around Christmas. Still smiling. Not complaining.

It got me thinking... I bet lots of my friends don't even know how much of an impact they have on me. I bet they don't think about how their actions, how they carry themselves, how they treat their family etc. helps me to strive to be a better person, better mom, and better wife.

So today, I want to celebrate the birth of Baby Qwen and the MARVELOUS woman her mommy is! Thank you Christina! Happy Birthday Baby Qwen!

No comments: