I can tell you that nothing in this world means more to me than how much I love my girls and Dave! We are so lucky to have what we have. I realized that even if everything in the whole world was taken away, and you still have your family, you are so rich and blessed. I know people are having hard times with job lay-offs, fear of losing their jobs, not being able to go places they want, being on more strict budgets, etc. I hear it over and over from different friends here and there.
In some ways, I am so glad that this "reality check" happened. I am so thankful to be fearful. I think sometimes fear makes us appreciate things more. I think it allows us to hold onto the things that are important to us, and realize what these things are.
We are blessed to be able to live in a wonderful neighborhood. I hear almost daily from various people how worried they are about the economy, making payments on their homes, etc. I look at them and say in their face, "If I am able to make my house payment, you will always have a place to stay". "If I am able to eat food, you will always have food.". " You will always have your family no matter what you have, where you live, what you do". AND I tell them "you are not alone", EVERYONE is feeling the effects of this economy. EVERYONE has to stick together. Don't worry, I'll always be here if you need me.
It makes me feel a great sense of community, family, thankfulness to realize what we have, what we have not in the sense of materialistic things, but in friends and family! We are blessed no matter what.
When you have that sense of comfort, and are at peace with what may happen, you can then truly be happy.
We have our health, we have food, we have clothing, we have clean water to drink, shelter and more. We have each other. That's enough. :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment