Saturday, July 26, 2008

OK. Back to reality! :)

I am back AGAIN from the beach. It is amazing how when you are leaving the beach, you start longing for the beach. I wish I were back there again!!!

Hopefully I can talk my husband into taking another week off soon!

We are gearing up for our rush on monogrammed backpacks and back to school rush for The Palm Gifts. I told DJS that we should take advantage of July's slowness because it gets so crazy August until next January, and we will not have as much flexibility on taking time off!

We are looking for more office space now. We have outgrown our last 2 moves! It's so good to have growth, but also hard to make great decisions. Luckily DJS has a business degree and we can rely on his great business decisions!

I am looking to join the Junior League. I am called to volunteer, and I would also love the socialization aspect! I miss the good ole- Greek Life from UNCW~memories!!

We are geared up for our week long trip with friends in August. We rented a nice oceanfront home this year with a pool. It'll be nice to get to spend so much time with everyone!

We are also planning a Disney trip in January when things slow down for the company. The girls are already planning, and we have read a few books on whales and dolphins for the Sea World part.

We also visited an aquarium, and an IMAX movie on whales and dolphins recently. The girls have a "common dolphin" ACS named Sammy, and an Orca "Killer Whale" CAS's favorite named Wella.

I am still trying to talk DJS into staying at least 5 days! We are up to 3 1/2. :) We'll see.

MEW is living with us for awhile while her apartment is getting ready. She is so great!! It is easy for her to live here. Funny, she works as a dental hygienist in a pediatric dentist office and she is sleeping in ACS's room, painted purple, little animal curtains, a hot pink bathroom that will blind your eyes, kiddy cat sheets and comforter and tinkerbell sheets! :) PLUS she has to come home to my wild ones KIDS all day and a KIDDY bedroom!

Hopefully going on the boat tomorrow. We LOVE staying out on the lake as long as possible. We saw the largest turtles we have ever seen on the first trip out of the season. It was weird going in swimming after that.

R:)

No comments: