Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dave's Girlfriend cont.

Ok,
Now everyone knows how Dave's girlfriend and I get along. (the Monogram machine that is). Today was no exception.

I started to monogram a bag, it was backwards. Stopped the machine. Pulled out the start of the thread. Put the bag on again. Hit Start. The lining of the needle was not correct, and it completely poked the needle into our metal clamps that hold the products. No, not just a little poke, but about 6 major holes jabbing into the metal.

Not only did it poke holes, but it broke off into the metal, made an AWFUL sound, pierced the bag AGAIN on a different side this time, and jammed the monogram foot. I was waiting for Dave to come up and find out what in the heck was going on... but nothing.

I decided to put another needle in as quickly as possible. I fixed it. WHEW. Thought I was in the clear.

Dave came up to help stock inventory. I looked at him and said.. " I have something to tell you". Look.
Dave: What in the heck is that? (looking at the holes in the clamp".
Me: I goofed up and the needle stabbed the clamp.
Dave: Honey, you can't do that. It will mess up the machine.
Me: Like I meant to do that on purpose!
Dave: I am just saying, you can't do that. I haven't ever done that.
Me: Like I planned on doing that. Like that was my purpose is to stitch a hole in the clamp.
Dave: Look, the needle is stuck in the clamp.
Me: Oh my goodness. I didn't see that. It had gone through one clamp, and stuck in the bottom.
"how about that!?".
Me: Thanks for seeing that.
Dave: Shaking head.

Me: If I press the button, and it goes, then it is ok. Right?
Me: Thinking. We might have to have a "tune up" on the machine before the holidays.

No comments: