Monday, August 18, 2008

Facebook Anyone?

Ok,

First off, I wanted to mention that I thought originally that people that were cracked up on "My Space" were crazy. You hear of all of the wack jobs out there that "find" people and end up stalking them etc.

Then my friend Anna told me about Facebook. I have to admit, at first, I thought it was just another myspace. HOWEVER, she was right. She told me that you would become addicted to it! You could literaly spend hours "adding flair" to your imaginary cork board, writing on someone's "wall", sending emails to long lost college friends, joining "groups" of common likes and dislikes, viewing people's photos, updating your own life, EVEN telling people what you are doing to the second.

I kinda like this. It is like reading People magazine, where you read about stars where they vacation, what they are wearing, etc. YOu can "spy" on friends and family w/o having to rely on the ole email method, or calling and talking to find out what people are doing! I HONESTLY think that it has gotten me closer to lots of people that I would not have kept in touch with. (Don't immediately think it is YOU I am talking about if YOU are reading this and YOU are a friend on Face Book!) :) ha!

Anyway, I LOVE checking my accounts daily, and finding out how my friends are doing. I have found that more and more of the people I know are joining Facebook, and I like it! Although, it is like a little click of friends that you have to be "invited" to be accepted as their friend. Like high school hey?

Let me go check my Facebook, add some flair and look at what my awesome friends are doing now....flying cross country, taking naps, going on all kinds of trips.. wonder if anyone really ever puts "had crappy day", or "my friends suck" or anything that is not SO happy!? Anywho, I kinda like the update you type in such as Rebecca is wanting to go to sleep. Rebecca is going to bed. UPDATE on me: Rebecca is going to check her Facebook account to see what all of the marvelous things her friends are doing!

No comments: