Thursday, August 21, 2008

Everything Costs more....Because of Gas! ha

Ok,
I am sure the previous post on the rant of "the big mega store" hit home to many of you. The saga NEVER ends!

After writing the blog, going to bed, I was greeted in the morning by my husband that said "Was everything ok when you came home last night?"

I said, "yes, why?"

He said, "you left your groceries in the car".

CRAP!

That is just my luck.

I swear. The ONE trip I decide to buy extra expensive "weight watchers" brand items, juices, tons of MEGA size yogurts and BULK cheeses, etc. I LEAVE THE FREAKING groceries in the car!! All were bad, as they were in the car overnight. No saving it.

So, a couple days pass, and I decide I really wanted the groceries I purchased, so BACK to "MEGA store" tonight.

I always have a set amount of money in my debit account for groceries. Not that I have to have someone "transfer" money, or that I am dependent on anyone for money, etc. but I asked my husband to transfer money to the account so I could buy the groceries.

He looked puzzled..obviously NOT remembering that I left the groceries in the car. I asked him "what"? He said, Didn't I just transfer money into your grocery account a few days ago?? I said "honey, the price of everything is going up because of gas". I was laughing inside, but didn't want to remind him of how absent minded I had been with the previous groceries.

:)
____________________________________
The other day I was in Lowes Hardware store, and had a "light bulb" moment. (No pun intended).

WHY in the WORLD don't they have computer stations where you can punch in a "keyword" so you can find exactly which isle you are looking for something. How smart would that be!? I shop at Lowes frequently, but no matter what I want to find, I end up walking over and over and over the store looking and looking for things.

Have you EVER thought of how much inventory they have, and how many little pieces of inventory they carry? Nuts, bolts, little fasteners, etc. You rarely know where to find things.

We were looking for a "common" fire extinguisher and a carbon monoxide detector. Looked in the "safety" department, looked here and there and couldn't find it anywhere!

They were on the end caps and not in a specific section, just random.

The computer would have been great! Just type in what you want, and have the item's row appear on the screen. Just like the library!
__________________________________

Speaking of the library...
I decided I needed and wanted to read more about American History. Shouldn't every American know more about their own history? While my kids were in the library working on the computers, I decided to look down the history isle.

Found a book that I really liked. The kids finished up, and we went to check it out. The library said I couldn't check it out because it was a "reference" book. WHAT? A book you can't checkout of the library!?

I guess I'll have to go to Barnes and Noble.

I sometimes wonder if other people go through the crazy things that happen to me? It is always something!
________________________________

No comments: