Hi,
I went down the “big” slide, and wiped out today. Landed/skidded into the grass. That thing is angled too sloped until we get our mulch. I was finishing up the girl’s Easter Egg tree, and had the grocery bag in my hand with the eggs. I wend down the slide sideways, and then the bag went flying in the air. I waited at the bottom , as I slid across the grass (our hill is slanted there). I was like DAMN IT here comes Dave. He just shook his head and said “ I KNOW YOU DIDN’T just go down that slide. I almost peed myself laughing so much. My knee was skinned, and had grass stains on it. More to come with photos of Dave's month long swingset project. Needless to say it has 2 levels, 2 slides, 2 swings and a huge sandbox. I feel like I am at the beach.
Caroline decided (on her own) to invite people to a Easter Party. She told I mean everyone at school, who in turn told their parents, who in turn planned to come to an Easter Party at our house. She even told them the day, time and what we were doing. So all of the kids were excited, thinking they were coming to a party (I didn't know about) until the teacher asked me about it later that week. She said" Caroline invited everyone to your Easter party, and everyone is excited". That is all they have been talking about this week.
How do you have the heart to tell kids they can't come to an Easter Party? Anyway, after talking to my organized bud Dave, we decided, YES we were going to have an Easter Party. Well, we have a traditional egg hunt in our neighborhood on Saturday, and are always invited to our neighbor's for an egg hunt, so we decided to do an Egg Dying Party.
Since everyone really already knew about the party, I was delayed on sending out the invites. They'll go out tomorrow for a party next Friday :)
So, then Caroline attended another party last weekend, and told other people about the party. They are all coming. Then I decided to invite my close neighbors with kids, and also our UNCW/close friends. SO basically, there are about 20-30 kids invited.
What was I thinking?
So today Caroline, Anna and I went shopping for Egg Dying supplies. I figured we needed lots, and I didn't want to wait. So I spent about 30 min looking at all of the directions. I had 2 major problems with the whole egg thing.
1. All egg dying packs only include 1 egg dipper.
2. All egg dying packs DO NOT include any bowls.
3. OR The egg dying packs that do include bowls DO NOT include stickers. Information from the "group of professional egg dying moms in the isle of Walmart huddled around the egg dying kits", is a MUST.
SO, long story short.... we have lots of choices of dying..bowls, stickers, and they'll just have to share the dippers. : ) I ran out of money. JUST ON THE DYING KITS! I can't spend $300 on this party! :)
Anyway, I am so excited about the party. I am trying to keep it simple. It is so hard to decide who to invite, who to leave out, what do to , what to have. I am a person who includes EVERYONE! I like it that way.
After spending over 1 hr getting the supplies, and having both girls fall in the store, we were off to play in the tree house, and then it leads you back to how the story started...me going down the slide and sliding through the grass. :)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment